E-Sport uses video games for sports competitions, often in the form of competitions between individual players in multiplayer mode or between teams. As the number of spectators grew, the possibility of sponsorship was added, and with the addition of more professional players, esports was gradually recognized as a legitimate sport. Not surprisingly, e-sports have sparked the interest of many players of both land and online casinos (http://184.108.40.206/). In fact, the betting business could be the greatest economic opportunity for esports to develop. We will look at why this is the case below.
What are e-sports bets like?
While betting has always been associated with esports in some ways, the shift towards more regulated mainstream betting has only recently taken place. In fact, the betting industry is now more of a fully developed market with its own economic guidelines. In games like “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive“, the so-called bookmakers market players with higher kills or kill-to-death ratios. These objective standards make it easier to understand how to bet on players with higher abilities, which allows betting in esports to gain a foothold.
The future also looks promising. Most teams that regularly take part in international events are already sponsored by well-known bookmakers, and as this trend increases, betting is sure to be a more general, if regulated, sector of esports finance. Sportradar has teamed up with its sub-brand Betradar with the DOJO Madness. They are the first to offer bookmakers a range of tools to provide live betting odds for both online and offline e-sports competitions.
According to Forbes magazine, betting on esports is expected to reach $ 29.8 billion by 2020. This includes, but is not limited to, the 15.4 million people who bet on e-sports competitions.
What are the trendy esports video games?
The history of e-sports games begins with “Counter Strike: Global Offensive” and “Dota 2”, which were published in 2013. Both have huge amounts of cash that players invest through illegal skin gambling (gambling with virtual currency and goods). The other most popular esports games are:
- Call of Duty
- League of Legends
- Player’s Unknown BattleGround
- Super Smash Bros
- World of Tanks
It is important for players to know what all of these games are about in order to understand exactly how the betting game works in each of these games.
What types of e-sports betting are there?
There are different types of e-sports betting, such as:
- Real money betting. Similar to normal sports betting, money is actually invested in predetermined odds. You can bet on different game results such as winners of individual games or winners of overall tournaments.
- Skin betting. Virtual currencies and items are transmitted in this form of betting through auction and betting websites, which makes it very popular with players.
- Social betting. Informal betting on games among people in well-organized circles without the hassle of bookmakers or websites.
- Challenge bets. Here players compete with each other for real money, items, or so-called skins. Both small circles and websites organize tournaments that target these challenge bets.
While e-sports started with the unequivocal question of its legitimacy, the sports leagues, including the olympic games, have given it due credit over time. It has caught the attention of bookmakers and launched e-sports competitions in various forms.